Just a brief blog. Not feeling well but wanted to continue to write before bed. I have a riddle for you. Ready!? What’s the most exciting, most productive, busiest, most peaceful, day of all times!? Answer: Tomorrow.
I’ll get in shape tomorrow, right after I eat this brownie sundae and Krispy Kreme donut sandwich. Tomorrow is going to be SO exciting, I can’t wait! Oh no, I can’t __________ right now but Tomorrow (one day, someday -close cousins) I will.
I remind myself often that for all intents and purpose, there is NO tomorrow. I mean, not to be morbid… I hope tomorrow comes. I also plan for the future and look forward to my goals being accomplished. But I realize that truly the ONLY time that is promised to me is right now, this very second. That could change… at any given point.
So all those Tomorrow plans you keep idolizing, start NOW to find a way to do a little of it every day. You want to get in shape? Skip a donut right NOW. Don’t wait until tomorrow to diet. You want to run a marathon? You’re planning to train one day? Go walk a mile RIGHT NOW. You can’t?? Well, how about 1 lap. Let’s be real. If you can’t walk a lap today, you will never wake up ready to run a marathon.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with ONE step. – anon. Choose to make that step TODAY while you can.
Enjoy these quotes I found online,
- “Do it, and then you will feel motivated to do it.” – Zig Ziglar
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.” – Jules Renau
- “I never worry about action, but only about inaction.” – Winston Churchill.
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is simply passing the time. Action with Vision is making a positive difference.” – Joel Barker
Live Light my Loves,